Charlotte Tilbury | Hit & Misses

Charlotte Tilbury is a brand I have been lovinggg recently. It started off with the lipsticks and has now progressed to the mascara, foundation, eyeshadows etc. I've tried a fair few of her products and thought that today I would give you all an honest review of the ones I have tried if you're thinking of making your first purchase.


Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream-
I have watched many tutorials on YouTube where people have used this as a primer. Personally, i've never seen the appeal of using a moisturiser before applying my makeup, until I tried this out. I am so happy that a free sample is included with every purchase! The full priced product is £70 but I can't allow myself to spend that kind of money ... well until payday at least. This can be used as a primer or a general moisturiser. I always use this before applying my makeup and I find it keeps it in place all day long. Without using this my makeup does tend to fall off quicker, but I barely have to touch it up using this. It is also perfect for any skin type. I find some moisturisers make my skin so much more oily, but this one doesn't! It's perfect and I know I will eventually purchase a full sized one! I won't be able to help myself! 


Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chamelon-
I decided to give Amethyst Aphrodisiac a try when I saw Zoella using it last year. It looked really nice on her, however on me, is a whole other story. I find that this product applies beautifully, blends like a dream, but the colour is not that nice. When you apply it, it looks too dark to wear on an everyday basis. But when you blend it out, it looks like a completely different colour. It almost looks like dirt on my eyelids! I would definitely purchase another colour chameleon again, but not in this colour.
 

Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerise- 
Possibly one of my favourite Charlotte Tilbury Products is the Eyes To Mesmerise cream eyeshadows in the shade, Marie Antoinette. This eyeshadow is a-maz-ing! It blends effortlessly, looks gorgeous, stays on all day ( and i'm not kidding. When I take my makeup off at the end of the day, it's still there going strong) and most importantly, it doesn't crease. It is so quick and easy to apply, especially in the mornings when you don't have much time, you can just whack a bit of this on and ta-da! You're good to go! 

 Colours swatched: Eyes To Mesmerise- Marie Antionette TOP, Colour Chameleon- Amethyst Aphrodisiac BOTTOM. 

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipsticks- 
Matte lipsticks are again, something I'm always sceptical about. I hate, hate, hate any Matte lipsticks that dry out your lips. I way prefer the creamy texture of them, which is exactly what you get with these lipsticks. They do not, at all, feel drying or cheap in the slightest. They sit on the lips really well and again, last for a good 3-5 hours. Charlotte has a range of different colours to suit everyone! I'm much more a pink/nude person so I tend to stick to these colours in this range. I started with Very Victoria because I thought it would be a colour that goes with everything. And when Pillow Talk was released for Valentine's, I knew it would be a colour I loved! It's perfect with a peachy/pink eye look. 

Colours swatched: Matte Revolution- Pillow Talk TOP. Matte Revolution- Very Victoria BOTTOM.

Complimentary lip samples included with any Charlotte Tilbury Purchase!


Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation-
I originally had a sample of this from one of my previous CT purchases. It had been something  I had always wanted to try out, but couldn't bring myself to pay £30 for something I might not like. When it comes to foundations I am so picky. Mainly due to my oily skin, I normally stick with the matte foundations or the mousse based ones(which is sooo unbelievably annoying as there are some amazing liquid ones out there), so I was a bit sceptical about this foundation. However, I saved my sample for a night out and boy, was I  impressed. Not only did it make my skin look amazing, but it didn't budge all night. I tried to make my little mini sample last as long as possible but when it ran out I knew I had to purchase a full sized one. This foundation is very light and doesn't have amazing coverage, however, if you're like me and you need that extra coverage, luckily, it's extremely buildable. You can apply a few layers without it looking cakey. I absolutely love this foundation and I think it's safe to say I will be repurchasing this again! 


 Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes- 
If you've tried this mascara, you can already guess what I am going to say. There's no way you could dislike this product. This mascara not only gives you length but also volume. It makes your lashes look literally 'legendary'! Although this is slightly more than what I would ever pay for a mascara, it is very worth it! I've had this for about 4 months now and it is showing no signs of drying up. The only downside to this product is that when it's on the lashes, it take a long while to dry fully. I'd say at least 10 minutes. So if you're someone who gets ready on the go, or in a quick amount of time, maybe this product isn't for you. I also find I have to apply this mascara very carefully, as if it gets on my skin it is a nightmare to get off without ruining my makeup! However, overall this does wonders for my eyelashes and I would definitely recommend it to anybody wanting to try a new mascara!



 So there you have it. A full, honest review of all the Charlotte Tilbury products I own. There will probably be much more posts like this to come because I have developed a slight Charlotte Tilbury obsession and I can't stop buying her products! 

Do you have any Charlotte Tilbury products? Let me know what you think of them in the comments below! 

Darriyan xx

Shop This Look: