Where Have I Been?

Wow. It feels so strange to be back sitting here typing away. It's been almost a year since I properly sat down and wrote.

Since September last year, my life has changed so much. I moved to uni, got a new job, quit that new job, made new friends the list really doesn't end. All I really can say is, university takes up a LOT more time than I originally thought. Alongside working 18 hours a week, I really haven't found the time to sit down and write a blog post. As you know it takes time. You have to plan, write, take photographs, edit, post, promote, interact with others etc. And I really haven't found the time to do so.

Aside from the work part of uni, the last few months of 2017 really haven't been the easiest. I went through a really tough stage shortly before and after Christmas. I felt SO unhappy at uni. I was homesick, I felt really shitty about my job, I had met and spent months with someone from home who I really cared for but it didn't work out, which ultimately hurt me a lot. I considered dropping out of uni so many times because I just didn't want to do it anymore. However, around January I decided to start putting myself first. I spent time with people who made me happy, mainly this includes my friends from home, coursemates and my housemates. Despite struggling through the workload of our degrees, we have had some amazing times. Its impossible not to have a good time in their company. I absolutely adore every single one of them and I know for I fact I would have dropped out without their love and support.

Despite this, I can confidently say going to university has been one of the best decisions of my life. My friends are literally the only reason I carried on and managed to get out of a really bad place. I have met some amazing people who I know will be friends for life.  I am eternally grateful for the experiences uni has given me so far. I've traveled loads and been to places I never have before. I am surrounded by people who make me so so happy, and I love my degree, which at the end of the day, is one of the most important things right?

So where does that leave me now? Since I quit my full-time job, I have a lot of free time this summer, so I'm really going to put 110% effort into my blog. I have been reading my old posts and it makes me so sad that I have managed to lose my passion and give up something I genuinely love doing. This, at the end of the day, is what I want to pursue and I know to do so, it involves a lot of hard work. So many people have encouraged me to sit here and write this blog today, so thank you to you all. I'm so glad I finally listened and it feels great to be back!

Darriyan x

No comments