Weekly Summary #1

Hi everyone! I don't normally do these kind of posts because I feel that my weeks are always the same. I have the same routine, week in,week out so I feel that everyone would get bored or reading about college, then work, then college, then work. You get the drift.

However this week has been pretty different. I've actually done quite a lot so I thought this is finally the right time to post a summary of my (not so boring) week!

So at the beginning of the week I received a letter from my new job with loadsssssss of information on. I start this Tuesday and I couldn't be more excited. I've had to order my new uniform, and it is honestly the cutest little outfit ever. I don't think it would be everyones cup of tea but I really like it!

Then on Tuesday I  received my order from Lalalab.com. If you don't know what 'Lalalab' is, its a company that sells cute customised prints and I ordered myself a tun of polaroids for my wall. I'm the type of person who loves to have pictures up of everywhere of everyone I love, so I have a whole wall pretty much full of photos. I've always wanted polaroids for it, but not wanted to pay the extortionate price for one of the instant cameras! So this is perfect for that! I've got a whole post coming up soon that explains how it works and I have a code for you all which takes £5 off your first order! So stay tuned for that. But the way, this is not sponsored, you'll know why I have that code when my post goes up haha!

Thursday I handed in my piece of English coursework that has been stressing me out for MONTHS. It was one of the hardest pieces I've ever had to get my head around. When I handed in the first submission (which is the only marking we were allowed), I basically got told I had done it all wrong because my teacher last year hadn't explained it properly. And I wasn't the only one! So I had to rewrite this whole piece again, knowing I wouldn't get another mark and I could have again, done it all wrong! I need a B minimum (but I'm aiming for an A), to get into University, so knowing this made this whole process a lot worse...  so as you can see... stress!!!! But my English teacher has been super supportive and guided me through the whole piece, so I really only have her to thank for making that deadline on Thursday!

I also had one of my last driving lessons on Friday before my test. My driving test is booked and ready for the 25th this month, so as you can imagine i'm very nervous for that! Don't get me wrong, I can drive, but i'm just not the most confident driver. I've had idiots pull out on me at islands and I have seen first hand how stupid people are on the road. And I'm just too cautious of a driver. I paid a ridiculous £60 for my test back in May when I booked it, which may not sound a lot, but when I had my old job thats all I was earning a month! Plus, with the cost of driving lessons and my theory test I have in total spent almost £1,000. Which is a lot for someone like me who can't work full time to support that! So I am really hoping I pass because spending another £60 to retake it would really annoy me!

Yesterday, Megan and I took a spontaneous trip down to Leicester for the DMU open day. I won't talk about that too much here because I have a whole post on the experience scheduled for next week, but I had an amazing time and it is a lovely place!

Today is going to be spent baking. I'm going over to Jamie's later, where he's helping me bake a load of Halloween themed food for a blog post! We've spent all week looking for all the different ingredients and props we need for this so I am so excited to see how they turn out! However, with that being said, Jamie and I have a track record of not being the best bakers. Our cakes once turned out as scones... yes scones. So if you never see this halloween themed baking post... its probably because we failed miserably!

Anyway, I should probably stop writing now and start getting ready, because I really want to get to Jamie's house before the rain makes another appearance today. Let me know what you think of these kind of posts because I have really enjoyed writing this! I hope it wasn't too boring haha!

What have you been up to this week??

Darriyan