Homemade Mince Pies

Okay, I have to admit, I am not the biggest fan of mince pies. There's something about the mincemeat filling that puts me off them. However, with that being said, I love making them for other people! They're the perfect treat for Christmas day or even Christmas parties, and seeing and smelling them in my house makes it really feel like Christmas!
Mince Pies Christmas Easy

What you will need:

60g Cold Butter
340g Plain Flour
110g Cold Vegetable Fat
350g Mincemeat
Splash Of Full-Fat Milk

Method:

1) Preheat your oven to 200℃. Lightly grease the cupcake/muffin tray.
2) Mix the flour, fat and butter between your fingers until crumbly. Add 6 tablespoons of water and combine to make pastry.
3) Roll out on a floured surface to a thickness of about 3-4mm. Use a fluted round pastry cutter(if you have one) and cut 12 circles big enough to fit the holes in the tray.
4) Press the pastry firmly down into each hole and fill with a heaped teaspoon of mincemeat.
5) Cut out stars or Christmas trees to form the lid
6) Using a pastry brush, brush the milk over the exposed pastry. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Mince Pies Christmas Easy

Mince Pies Christmas Easy

Mince Pies Christmas Easy

I think these are some of the easiest festive treats to make, that your family and friends will love! Let me know if you'll be giving these pies a try! And if you do, don't forget to tweet me pictures!

Darriyan xx