Which Face Mask Should You Be Using?

I've never really been into face masks until recently. I never saw the point of them if I'm being honest, so never bothered. However with that being said, let's all be real, my skincare routine hasn't been the best in the past. I've spent the last few weeks testing out as many face masks as possible...which has been a lot, let me tell you. I've narrowed it down to my three favourites, which all vary in price and recommended skin type so if you are completely clueless like I was, hopefully, this post will be of some help to you... (thank me later)


First up is the Liz Earle Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask. I have only used this a few times, but I have loved the results. This product is tailored more for people with dry skin because as the title says, it provides your skin with intensive nourishment. However, I have used this on my very oily skin and it left it feeling amazing, and not the tiniest bit greasy! You only need to apply a thin layer and it is super easy to wash off! Currently priced at £16, this is a great product if you want to spend a bit more to treat yourself! If you feel like your skin might need a little pick-me-up every once in a while, I would definitely recommend this mask!



The Origins Active Charcoal Mask is something I have seen so many people using, and reading all of the great reviews on it, I knew I just had to pick myself one up. This mask is great if you have oily skin and acne. It is designed to draw out anything that will clog your pore, leaving your skin feeling so cleansed and refreshed. I personally don't usually get many spots, but whenever I do, I have been using this and they clear up very quickly. I have read so many reviews about this mask helping people who suffer from acne too. This is probably my favourite face mask out of all three, as I have found the best results personally with this one. This is more on the pricey side and currently costs £24, but if you're looking for something to really help your skin, I would definitely suggest splashing out a bit on this face mask! 

And last but not least is the L'Oreal Pure Clay Purity Mask. Again, this is a great product if you have oily skin as it leaves it feeling extremely matte without drying it out. This mask is 'enriched' with Eucalyptus extract, which is known for its purifying properties and also gives the product a lovely smell. If you have oily skin, you should always look for anything that claims to purify/deep cleanse your skin. If you want a mask that really does deep cleanse your face, this is the one for you. I absolutely love this mask as you are left with skin feeling so smooth and cleansed. Priced at only £7.99, this is great if you don't want to break the bank and go all out on a really expensive face mask. The results you get from this are almost as good as other pricey options out there!



So there you go! These are my three current favourite face masks and hopefully, you have more of an idea as to what kind of face mask you should be using! 

What skin type do you have? And do you use face masks? If so which one if your go-to?

Darriyan xx