Maybelline Vivid Matte Lipstick Review (Kylie Jenner Dupe)

It feels like SO long since I have wrote a blog post, and I'm so happy to be back and writing for you all! Also thank you for 200 followers!

Every time Kylie Jenner restocks her lip kit, I seem to ALWAYS miss them. After missing so many restocks, I decided to hunt for a really good dupe for the Dolce K shade, which is when I came across the Maybelline Vivid Matte Lipstick.
I have to say that as a big fan of liquid lipsticks, this has to be one of my favourites. Unlike some of the other shades in this collection, it is nothing too dramatic and is easily wearable as an every day colour. I wear this shades most days, and I have to say it is one of the most durable, long lasting lipsticks I have ever worn. I can apply it at 9am in the morning and it will only just start to fade at about 2pm.

The liquid lipstick itself is a very creamy, velvet consistency and applies to the lips so easily. It dries within seconds, giving you a beautiful matte finish. With many liquid lipsticks, I have found that they can dry completely and leave your lips looking cracked and depriving them of moisture. However with this it will always feel creamy and soft on your lips, keeping them moisturised throughout the day. Because it never completely drys, this means it is extremely rebuildable as well. 

The colour of the lipstick is also really highly pigmented, which is what makes me love this lipstick even more! The applicator is long and pointed, with flat sides, making it so easy to line the lips first before colouring them in.


To be honest, I only have one negative about this lipstick, and that is in my opinion it's extremely overpriced for what you get. The tub is only small, not much larger than an average size lipstick, and I paid about £8 for it. I was so shocked when I opened my package from amazon and saw the tiny little tube inside! However, if you're worries about it running out quickly, I can assure you that more is definitely less with this product which hopefully means it will last for a while!

If you're looking for a Kylie Jenner dupe, or even just a liquid lipstick, I would definitely recommend this range!

Have you tried any of the Maybelline Vivid Matte range yet? If so let me know below!

Darriyan♡

Newest Post / Twitter / Instagram / BlogLovin'