Sparkler Fun!

Okay, so I should probably start off this post with a hugeeee explanation! I know, I've been away for so long. Almost a whole month, and I can't tell you how much I have missed blogging. To tell you the truth I have been ridiculously busy, working 3 days a week and being at college the other 4, leaves me with hardly any time to dedicate to blogging. I had so many Autumn/Halloween themed posts lined up but everything seemed to be going wrong. I tried to bake Halloween treats... they didn't turn out right and I wasn't happy with the pictures. I tried to do an outfit post... when I got to the woods my camera battery died. Everything has been going so wrong for me and to be honest, I kinda hit a slump. I have had complete writer's block and found no motivation to write. But honestly, having some time away has really made me realise how much I love what I do! So I'm back... just in time for my favourite season... Christmas! And I know it's only November but come on! It's so close! I'm sitting writing this post with a hot chocolate listening to my Christmas playlist! What could be more perfect?
With Bonfire Night just around the corner, I thought I would put together this little post for you all! I love sparklers and I have always wondered how people take them cool sparkler photos. You know when they write words and draw pictures! As I recently bought my DSLR camera, I thought this would be the perfect time to play around with the settings and see what I could do!



Tomorrow my family, Megan, (my best friend, if you didn't know) and I are heading off to a fireworks display, which I absolutely love! I mean, watching fireworks outside your window, isn't the same as being there in person, seeing the bright lights and hearing the loud noises. There's something so magical about it! They make me so happy and being surrounded by special people makes the whole experience so much better!I remember we used to do fireworks in our back garden... until one of the rockets tipped over, shot straight at us and burnt a hole in our trampoline! Never ever have we had fireworks in our house since that day haha! We always go to displays now instead!

So how did I take these photos you're wondering? Well, it's actually pretty simple. The trick is to use a tripod for the best result and make sure you have the correct settings;

ISO: 100 
Aperture: 7.1
Exposure: This can vary. If you're doing something like a heart or a star I would recommend having the exposure on about 6. If you're writing words, or a long name (like mine) I would recommend about 10-13.

And can I add that you don't need a fancy DSLR camera? You can have these settings on standard camera's and they work just as well! Oh and also if you're writing words, you will need to flip your photos after, for obvious reasons!

So what are you up to on Bonfire Night? Let me know your plans below!

Darriyan