Rimmel Stay Matt Foundation Review

First of all, I am so sorry for not posting last week! I was so busy and I literally did not have the time to write anything! Good news is, posts are back to twice a week starting very soon! Anyway back to the foundation. If you've been following my blog a while, you will know how much I love Rimmel foundations. I just feel an urge to try every new one that comes out!
Being a person who suffers from very oily skin, I always find it hard to find foundations that give me a matte finish all day. I have tried so many and none have given me the result that I wanted.

However, the Rimmel Stay Matt Foundation has given me amazing results and i am so impressed. I have a lot of good foundations but I have to say, this one might just be my favourite.

Lets start with the pro's. Firstly it has a thick texture, unlike the Wake Me Up Foundation which was more of a liquid. It is almost like a mousse consistency. I'm not a lover of mousse foundations as I think they can end up feeling a bit thick, but this one doesn't cake on your face. It feels extremely lightweight and doesn't feel at all heavy, no matter how many layers you apply. This foundation also blends into the skin super easily and leaves you with a flawless finish.
It also has amazing coverage and can cover up any breakouts I get during the month, and trust me that is a lot! Also, like I said before it is great for oily skin and eliminates shine all day! With the Wake Me Up Foundation, even though it was an amazing foundation, it didn't provide half as much shine control or coverage as this one does. I have found myself using less powder as well because with this, I simply don't need it!

And most importantly it is extremely affordable. I only paid £6 which is so cheap compared to some of the high end products out there. However this brings me onto a few cons...

Although I only paid £6, this was for a 30ml container. I've had this foundation for a couple of weeks now and it is already running low. 30ml does not last too long so I can definitely see myself repurchasing this so many times. I have looked everywhere for a bigger version and can't seem to find one. Also, little warning, I would not recommend this product if you have even the slightest bit of dry skin. It would most likely dry out areas of your skin that are dry, as it has started to do this around my forehead. I think this product was designed specifically for people with medium to oily skin.

But overall I can honestly say this is probably the best foundation I have ever used. I have seen a few other 'Stay Matte' products by Rimmel such as the face primer and the BB cream which I will definitely be purchasing as I was so happy with this one!

Have you ever tried this product? Which is your go-to foundation?

Darriyan x

Newest Post / Twitter / Instagram / BlogLovin'