French Toast & American Pancakes

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I'm sure you've all heard that saying before. Yet I still skip breakfast most days when I am in a rush. Lately I have been trying lots of different recipes, to make sure I motivate myself to get up just that little bit earlier to make time for breakfast. I thought, after you all loved my chocolate cookie recipes, I would share my two favourite recipes with you today so you can try them out and make yourself a delicious breakfast!
AMERICAN PANCAKES

french toast


The first recipe I have been loving is Jamie Oliver's American Style Pancakes. Light and fluffy, these really are the most delicious pancakes I have ever tasted.

You will need:
-3 Large Eggs
-115g Plain Flour
-1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
-140ml Milk
-Pinch Of Salt
-Knob Of Butter
(Optional Toppings)
-Mixed Berries
-Golden Syrup
-Yogurt

Method:
1- Separate the eggs between two large bowls. Add the flour, baking powder and milk to the yolks and mix to form a smooth, thick batter.
2-In a clean, dry bowl, whisk the whites with the salt until soft peaks form and fold into the batter with a metal spoon.
3-Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and melt the knob of butter. Pour a heaped tablespoon of batter into the pan.
4- Fry for 2 minutes until air bubbles rise to the surface, then flip over. The pancakes are ready when they're golden brown and firm on both sides. 
5- Stack all the pancakes on a plate and serve with yogurt, berries, and syrup. Or toppings of your choice!

The second breakfast option is French Toast. Up until recently I had never tried French Toast, but essentially, all it is is 'eggy bread', something that my mom used to cook when we were little. This is now one of those foods that instantly brings back so many memories! The only difference is this has mascarpone in the middle!

You Will Need:
-100g Mixed Berries (to make Coulis)
-1 1/2 Tablespoons Icing Sugar
-50g Mascarpone
-1 Extra Thick Slice of White Bread
-2 Eggs
-Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
-Knob Of Butter

Method:
1- Prepare the Coulis by heating the berries in a saucepan on a medium heat. Stir in the tablespoon of Icing Sugar and stir until the berries start to break down. Keep Warm.
2- Mix the mascarpone with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of icing sugar until smooth.
3- Slice a deep cut into the side of your bread and insert the mascarpone filling.
4-In a dish, preferably a shallow one, whisk together the eggs and cinnamon. Dip the bread in on both sides, allowing the bread to soak up the egg.
5- Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan over high heat. Once melted, drop in the eggy bread and fry on both sides. It is done once both sides are crispy and golden. Transfer to a plate and cut in half.
6- Serve with the coulis, and a sprinkling of icing sugar.


I really hope you try out these recipes because they are so delicious! And if you are a person who skips breakfast in the morning, don't! Try and find an extra 10 minutes to prepare yourself something!  There are so many quick and easy recipes out there, such as these two! Granted they are not the healthiest options, but every now and then, these make a great breakfast! 

Darriyan

Don't forget to follow me on BlogLovin' and share this post! Once I hit 500 I will be hosting a HUGE giveaway!!