My Blog Turns One!

As of yesterday, my blog has been live for a year. A whole year! It completely blows my mind that I have been sitting here for 365 days, sharing my thoughts and feelings with you all. Where does the time go?!

I would never have thought, a year ago, that I would be sitting here today talking to almost 600 of you, knowing that over 21,000 people have visited my blog. It excites, but also scares me at the same time. I love knowing that I have so many people reading my work, because it is truly what I am passionate about. I love writing. I love photography. And I love anything beauty related. I am so grateful I am able to share it with you all. 

Since the 29th September 2015, I have laughed, I have loved, I have been happy, I have been sad. You get the gist, a lot has happened.

It only feels like yesterday that I sat in my bedroom, very scared to share my first post and hit publish. Before I created my blog, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I had just finished secondary school and picked up my GCSE results. I had convinced myself I wanted to become a solicitor and take a law degree at university. But deep down, I knew that wasn't what I would enjoy. After my work experience at a solicitors firm I knew I wouldn't be happy, sat in an office 9-5, doing work that I didn't enjoy. Now don't get me wrong, anyone who is a solicitor or has some kind of career in Law, I'm not bashing you. I'm just saying it wouldn't be the job for me. 

Starting my blog has made me realise what I love to do. And that is write. I have had so many sleepless nights, stressing about what degree to take, or what career to pursue. And I am so happy that I have finally decided what path to take. In September next year I will (fingers crossed) be sat in Brighton or Nottingham, in my new apartment with my best friend Megan, ready to start my English degree. Because ultimately I would one day love an English related career. 

Anyway, I should probably talk about blogging now because i've gone slightly off tangent as always. My point is, starting my blog has opened up so many amazing opportunities for me. I would love to one day call this my career, but until then I will still be here, blogging away till my hearts content. I have learnt so much about the blogging community in one year. I have made friends, loyal readers, and discovered blogs that I love. And I couldn't have done any of it without you. I am so thankful to the people who come back to my blog week after week, read my posts, share them and leave comments. You have no idea how much it means to me. 

If any of you reading this are thinking of starting your own blog, do it. I can't stress how important it is to do what you love, discover hidden talents, and share your work with the world. And it really is the world. I have readers from countries I didn't even know existed (Geography has never been a strong point of mine). 

What does the next year hold for me? Who knows. But what I do know is I will still be here, posting twice a week for you lovely people and loving every second of it. 

Thank you all for a great year blogging. 

Darriyan